December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week

A CHRISTIAN

Go down

A CHRISTIAN

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:49 pm

THE questions are often asked "who is a christian? how do i know a christian if i meet one? does every matthew,mark,luke and john in for a christian? is everyone who raises up his hand in respond to a preacher's call to repentance a christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the alter in for a christian? are all those in church pews during church services are christians? who is a christian? Finally, you may ask "am i a christian?"
A soul-winner on evangelism met a drunk staggering down a lane.In his attempt to help him discover the true purpose of living,he asked: "Are you a christian?" The answercame quick and sharp,"what do you think i am? A pagan?" This is the pitiful point. A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the mark of his congregation.But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy found in the the fallen angel, lucifer.
A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a prophet but she talks and act with thunder and volcano in her voice.Her red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at home or at work.Are these christians? An outburst of stormy words is an indication of the absence of christ from the heart.
Being a christian is not a new label;it is a new life.The word 'christian first occurred in the new testament.It was not in the old testament."The disciples were called christians first in antioch"(act 11:26).From this first use of the word,the true meaning and significance of the word become clear.Disciples were called christians.
'Disciples is a prominent word in the new testament.It did not have any place in the jewish religion. Once of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a christian was "in the jews' religion"(galatians 1:13) before he become a christian. He had been living by the mosaic code of ordinance, "touch not,taste not,handle not", the ceremonial washing in the holy water and ignorance of true discipleship and christianity. Christianity centres on jesus christ-His Love, life and light. A christian, therefore, is the person who lives the life of christ as revealed in the new testament.
The New Testament opens with jesus christ who saves from sin(matthew 1:21) and closes with jesus christ, the king who will come quickly(revelation 22:20), christ died to make you a christian. He did not have to die to make you a church-goer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin in your human nature. christ suffered and died for you:through His merit, if you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace, you confess your will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be the same again. Christ died to make you live: through definite faith in His meritorious sacrifice
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://olak5350.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum